Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
If you feel like skipping the booze and mint milkshakes this year, but still want to give a nod to St. Patrick’s Day, why not make a Green Lemonade! This continues to be my favorite drink. It’s super healthy, filling, thirst quenching and so tasty, and you don’t need a messy juicer to make it!
Here is the original recipe, and I’ve made some updates to the recipe below.
- 8-12 oz Water or Coconut Water
- 1 small-medium Apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 chunk (about 1/2″) Ginger
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Big bunch of Spinach
- About 1/2 cup frozen Pineapple (Trader Joe’s sells frozen chunks)
- You can add cucumber, celery, substitute kale, chard, collard greens or romaine lettuce. Hell, throw in some unsweetened coconut, half a banana and make it a smoothie. I’m getting ahead of myself…
Grab your preferred instrument for blending (I used my beloved immersion blender), and rev her up! I love spinach because it pulverizes quite easily. The tougher greens make it more chunky.
Get your St. Paddy’s energy on!