I don’t know about you, but sometimes I need something other than water to quench my thirst. This cooling watermelon fresca, made with mint and coconut water is hydrating, filling, thirst quenching and really, really yummy. I used the eye ball method to make it, but I’ll try to recreate the experience in a formal recipe.
- Watermelon (I used half of a mini watermelon, which was about 2 cups, and made about 2 servings worth. If you use an entire 6-8lb watermelon, you will have many servings worth.)
- About 1/2 cup coconut water (obviously if you are using more watermelon, use more coconut water)
- A bunch of mint – I used about 6-10 leaves
- Cut Watermelon into cubes, toss into blender.
- Add coconut water and mint leaves and blend.
I really did not find a need to add sweetener. The watermelon is plenty sweet. Lime juice would be a nice addition either as a garnish or in the actual drink.
And since it’s Friday morning, and happy hour somewhere, make it into a cocktail and add 1-2 oz of vodka!
That’s it! Happy drinking!